June 26, 2019
Restoring your gateway to factory settings will require you to set the gateway back up. This can only be done with a desktop/laptop computer with an Ethernet cable or via Wi-Fi following the “set up your modem” details below.
- Connect directly to your gateway via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly via your Wi-Fi
- Open a web browser and visit 192.168.0.1
- Sign in using the following credentials
- Username: cusadmin
- Password: (your Wi-Fi network password)
- Select “Admin” then “Device Reset”
- Choose “Reboot” to reboot the device and “Factory Reset” to restore the gateway to factory settings
Connecting your Wi-Fi Gateway:
- Connect your Wi-Fi Gateway to the coax outlet using one of the coax cables provided
- Connect your Wi-Fi Gateway to power using the provided power cable
- The lights on your Wi-Fi Gateway will begin to flash, change color, and turn solid. The gateway will be online when the @ symbol stops flashing and remains lit.
Setting up your Wi-Fi
- Check the settings or connections on your smartphone, tablet or computer to make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Connect to the Hitron Easy Connect network (Note: the network will also include the last five digits of your Wi-Fi's MAC address
- Once connected, enter in the “default key” that is located on the back of your Wi-Fi gateway
- Open a web browser and navigate to 192.168.01 and complete the instructions to setup and customer your Wi-Fi