June 25, 2019
In some cases, you might want to change your network name (also called a SSID) which can be done by following these steps. Remember, changing your network name will cause you to have to re-connect all of your devices to your new network.
- Connect directly to your gateway via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly via your Wi-Fi
- Open a web browser and visit 192.168.0.1
- Sign in using the following credentials
- Username: cusadmin
- Password: (your Wi-Fi network password)
- Click the “Wireless” tab and it should by default be on the “Basic Settings” tab
- Select “2.4 G” and next to “Network Name (SSID) change the network name to what you want
- If you are using not using Band Steering, you will also have to change the network name on the “5 G” tab as well
- If you are using Band Steering, the “5 G” tab will be greyed out since there is only one network name to choose
- Click “save” to save your changes.