July 25, 2016
Here’s how to get the most out of the GCI Video on Demand – VOD service with GCI TV powered by TiVo:
- Press the ON DEMAND button on the top of your GCI TiVo remote control. This will take you to the main screen – TiVo Central.
- On TiVo Central, you’ll see a list of categories (like ‘New,’ ‘Drama,’ or ‘ Comedy’) to choose from. Highlight the category you wish to browse and press SELECT.
- If you are offered sub-categories like “Movies,” “Free” and so forth, choose a sub-category and press SELECT.
- A list of available videos is displayed. You’ll see the video’s price, and when you highlight the video, you’ll see a brief description in the right column.
- Once you’ve located a video you want, highlight it and press SELECT. This will bring you to a screen that gives you more details on the video and, in many cases, allows you to watch a free preview.
- If the video is free, the information screen will have an option to ‘Play.’ Select ‘Play’ to start the video.
- If the video must be rented to view it, the information screen will have an option to ‘Rent & watch now’ (the price will be listed). Select ‘Rent & watch now’ to order the video. You will be asked to confirm your purchase by pressing the THUMBS UP button on your remote control.
- If you can not select “Rent…”, you may need to check to see if the channel is selected in the TiVo settings. Learn how to adjust your channel settings.