Why do we ask this? GCI offer products and services specific to some locations. It's our way of ensuring you see the right information, right when you need it.
• In response to our customers’ requests and due to the need to retire antiquated systems, GCI has been working over the past two years to transform the way we do business with our customers. Our goal is to improve your experience and make it easier to manage your accounts with us. To do this, we are upgrading our billing system, working to consolidate accounts into one bill where possible, and enhancing the features and functionality of the MyGCI online self-service portal.
• Our goal is to improve our customers’ experience and make it easier for you to manage your accounts with us. We look forward to a better experience for you in the future and are here to support you during the transition to a more efficient system. We always look for new ways to ensure our business partners get the very best service.
• The new billing platform upgrade retired an outdated billing system to give our customers an easier way to pay bills and manage their account online.
When will this change take place?
• We launched these upgrades August 4, 2018. You can read more about these changes at https://www.gci.com/mygci/changeforthebetter/business
How does this impact my business account?
• Business customers will enjoy many benefits of the upgrade, including the ability to consolidate to one easy-to-read bill and one login to the MyGCI online self-service portal. However, businesses customers with numerous accounts or who have customized billing for enterprise-level services may continue to get multiple bills. We suggest working with your GCI account representative or calling 1-800-800-7754 if you have questions about consolidating your bills.
• Please note: you will receive a new account number.
• Your account number will change to include the number “1” at the beginning. Existing Internet/Mobile/Phone accounts and Cable accounts alike, will now begin with an additional 1.
• We do not anticipate that your GCI services will be interrupted by the upgrade. However, we will notify you should there be any unforeseen disruption.
• You are now able to log in to MyGCI. If, for any reason, you cannot log in and you need assistance to pay your bill, please contact your GCI account representative or call 1-800-800-7754.
Do I need to take any action?
• If you do not currently have a MyGCI profile, you will need to create one in order to pay bills and access other online features. This is especially important if you were paying your bill online through the retired eBill system, but do not yet have a MyGCI profile. The eBill system was replaced as part of the upgrade and you will need a MyGCI profile to pay your bill in the future. If you did not create a MyGCI profile prior to July 31, you will need to call us at 1-800-800-4800 or visit your nearest GCI store to create your free account.
• Please note: if you currently have autopay set up, you will need to reestablish the autopay payment after the upgrade and you will need a MyGCI login in order to do that. In the interest of your privacy and security, this information will not be transferred between systems.
What are the benefits to me?
• This system upgrade will give you simplicity with your bills, more freedom to manage your account, increased flexibility in the method of paying your bill, and additional layers of security to protect your account information.
• You will be able to manage many of your GCI account features with one login through the MyGCI online self-service portal. Through MyGCI, you will be able to pay your bill, manage autopay, and more.
• A new and improved MyGCI means more efficiency for you and a better experience all around.
• Combining the separated GCI cable TV bill with other GCI services bill will allow you to see more of your GCI account charges on one, easy-to-read bill. Please note: you will receive a new account number.
How secure is the new system? How will I know my information is secure?
• The security of our customers’ personal, account, and financial information is of utmost importance to us. We take every possible measure to safeguard your information.
Will my contract terms change?
• No. All active contracts remain in place after the upgrade to the new billing system.
Do these changes have anything to do with the GCI Liberty merger?
• No. GCI has been working toward this goal to improve our customers’ experience for the past two years, well before the merger with Liberty. These changes are in response to what our customers have requested.
Is GCI moving any services out of state?
• No. GCI is proud to be the first Alaska tech startup. We began as a small group of entrepreneurs working out of a van in Anchorage, and are now a statewide company with more than 2,000 Alaskan employees. We will continue to serve and expand our services within the state of Alaska, and also explore how we can expand our existing business services in the Lower 49.
Are GCI employees impacted by this change?
• GCI employees are excited about this upgrade because they understand how much their customers will benefit from the new system. Plus, the new system offers an improved interface that will make it easier for our employees to assist you.
Will I still have access to usage viewer online to track my data usage for mobile or internet?
• Business customers do not have access to viewing usage online. Usage viewer for business customers will be available in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our goal is to provide the most appropriate usage viewing tool for you. Our business customer service teams are able to provide usage reports. If you would like reports on your usage, our employees can assist, to include an account review to make sure you are on the best plan to meet your business needs. With the launch of our new billing system, we have newly added Simply Share mobile plans available, which provide even more flexibility for managing your mobile data needs:
75 GB | $314.99
100 GB | $419.99
150 GB | $629.99
200 GB | $839.99
Is the usage viewer feature gone temporarily or will it be back?
• We anticipate this is temporary. We are currently evaluating solutions to best fit our customers’ varying needs. Our goal is to have online usage viewer available to our customers through MyGCI, as well as a more comprehensive usage management solution for customers with more complex needs. In the meantime, please contact us for a personalized usage report.
Do I have any options for usage reporting at this time?
• We are committed to providing the tools and information for customers to be able to manage their services with us. We know data usage is a time sensitive item to avoid overages. Our employees are happy to schedule usage reporting to be sent directly to the email address of your choosing. We can schedule reoccurring reports to be sent to you for your convenience. These reports can be sent daily, weekly, or monthly. These reports can also be pulled ad hoc and sent to you upon request at any time.
Why can’t I get on a “no worries” style plan?
• On Residential No Worries plans, customers’ data speeds are slowed down when they reach their data usage limit. Because slowed data speeds could be disruptive to your business operations, our business internet plans are designed to automatically add additional data buckets to keep your business internet up and running at the expected speed. We are evaluating solutions to give business customers more flexibility when it comes to data usage.
Billing and Invoice
What does the new improved invoice design look like?
View new layout: https://www.gci.com/-/media/files/gci/mygci/18_07_mygci_newbilllayout_final.pdf
Will my monthly bill amount change?
• Unless otherwise specified, the amount of your bill will remain the same. Consolidating to one bill will not increase the cost of service. However, you will likely see a new, larger balance due. It is important to remember that this new total is the combined amount due for all your GCI services.
• Businesses with numerous accounts or with customized billing may continue to get multiple bills. If you have questions about consolidating your bills, please contact your account representative or support at 1-800-800-7754.
• Please note that you have the option to split your bill into separate payments within a month to help address any budget concerns. For example, if your bill is $100 and you have autopay scheduled for the 14th of each month, you could schedule a one-time $45 payment for the 1st, and the remaining $55 would automatically be paid on the 14th.
I have stored a credit card or checking account to pay my bill online. Will my payment information stay the same?
• To ensure the security of the information on your account during the transition, we are not converting your payment information from our current billing system (eBill) to the new system on the enhanced MyGCI self-service portal. Payment information for your credit card or checking account will need to be re-entered after August 4. You can do this by logging into MyGCI or by contacting customer service.
Will I be able to go paperless with my bill? Will I be able to see my bill online?
• Yes. You can view your bill and manage your bill delivery method by logging into MyGCI.
• Paperless customers, please note that you will receive one initial paper invoice for your first billing cycle after the transition.
Will I be able to see my old bills in the new system?
• Bills that were processed prior to the upgrade to our new billing system are no longer available. Please contact us if you need information about a previous bill.
How do I make sure I receive one bill for my GCI services?
• If you were receiving multiple GCI bills and want to ensure you’ll receive just one after the upgrade, please contact customer service at 1-800-800-7754.
o If your current bills do not have the same due date, they will need to be updated prior to consolidating.
How can I receive detailed invoices?
• Our customer service agents are happy to schedule invoice detail reporting to be sent directly to the email address of your choosing. These reports can be sent daily, weekly, or monthly. These reports can also be pulled ad hoc and sent to you upon request at any time.
Can I get a second copy of my bill or download/print it?
• You may access and print your bill by logging into MyGCI. If you need to access previous bills after the upgrade, please contact customer service at 1-800-800-7754.
I am currently signed up for paperless (electronic) billing. Will there be any changes?
• You will receive your first invoice by mail even if you are on no print; we want to make sure our customers are aware of the billing changes. After your first invoice, you will revert to paperless bill automatically. You may disable your paperless billing and sign up to receive a paper bill by logging into MyGCI. You may also update your billing address in MyGCI
Are there other ways I can receive or view my GCI bill – email, text, or fax?
• You may sign up to receive billing notifications via email or text; however, you will need to login to MyGCI to see the amount due and other billing information. If you wish to have your bill faxed to you, please contact us to discuss the options.
GCI is changing my billing from “bill in arrears” to “bill in advance.” What does that mean and how does it affect me?
• Billing in arrears means you are being charged for services you already used, while billing in advance means all services are prepaid prior to the services being used.
• Some of our service plans already bill in advance. However, with the upgrade to our new billing system, all service plans will now bill in advance. This includes some of our older mobile and local/long distance plans (i.e., Simply Share).
• Any usage charges – long distance minutes, additional usage buckets, etc. – will continue to bill in arrears.
Payments and Autopay
How will I access eBill?
• As of August 4, all online payments will be made through MyGCI, and your current eBill login will no longer be necessary (or valid). If you have a MyGCI profile currently, your MyGCI login will remain the same. If you do not have a profile, you will need to contact us to set it up before you can access the online payment features.
Will my automatic payments continue?
• To ensure the security of the information on your account during the transition, we did not convert your autopay information from our retired billing system (eBill) to the new system on the enhanced MyGCI self-service portal. After August 4, you will need to reestablish your autopay by re-entering your payment information in MyGCI. If you have a MyGCI profile currently, your MyGCI login will remain the same after the upgrade. If you do not have a profile, you will need to contact us to set it up in order for you to access the online payment features. Please see “How will I access eBill?”
How and when can I set up automatic payments (autopay)?
• As of August 4, you can now set up autopay in the enhanced MyGCI self-service portal. Log in to MyGCI to enter your payment information and set up autopay. If you have a MyGCI profile currently, your MyGCI login will remain the same after the upgrade. If you do not have a MyGCI profile, you will need to contact us to set it up in order for you to access the online payment features. Please note that the current eBill system has been discontinued, and your current eBill login is no longer valid.
Will GCI contact me if my autopay doesn’t process?
• Yes. You will receive an email notification if your payment fails. You can also opt-in to receive text notifications by logging into MyGCI.
Where can I see what discounts I qualify for?
• Discounts that you are currently receiving will be shown on your bill, on the details page for each service. Discounts will also be reflected on your bill total. You can contact a GCI customer service representative, who will be happy to review your account to ensure you’re getting the best discounts.
Will my billing cycle change?
• In preparation for the upgrade, we have been contacting customers to align the billing cycles for their TV and other services. Those new billing cycles remain the same in our new billing system.
Will all my services now have one due date?
• Most customers will have their services consolidated onto one bill, and there will be one payment due date for all your GCI services. However, you may select dates to make separate payments during the month by logging into MyGCI. For example, if your bill is $100 and you have autopay scheduled for the 14th of each month, you could schedule a one-time $45 payment for the 1st, and the remaining $55 would automatically be paid on the 14th.
Can I change the date my payment is due?
• You may contact us to request a different bill cycle. However, another option is to login to MyGCI, where you can select the date for your payment to be processed. You may even set dates to make separate payments, giving you more flexibility to manage and budget for your payments.
How long will it take for my payment to show up in MyGCI?
• Payments will display in your MyGCI profile on the same day you make them. You can view your payment activity by logging into MyGCI. Your current balance is displayed in near-real-time on the overview page, and your payment will show up in the payment history area of the billing section.
What if I have multiple accounts and have special requests regarding accessing and paying my bill?
• Our new system provides you with flexibility to manage your payments. Please contact us, and we can help you configure your accounts to address how you would like to manage your payments.
How will I know if I missed a payment?
• If your account is past due, you will receive a payment reminder notification email. Your payment status and a past due alert will also be displayed on the overview and billing screens after you login to MyGCI.
Is there a charge to pay my bill in the stores or when I call customer service?
• There is no charge to pay your bill in a store, and you can make a payment over the phone using our automated system at no additional charge.
Will I be charged a late fee if I miss a payment because my autopay is disrupted during the upgrade?
• We are committed to working with our customers, and we understand that this upgrade may cause a disruption in how you are currently paying your bill. We are planning to offer a grace period after the launch to allow customers time to get their new autopay information set up. If you are charged a late fee that you believe is not warranted, please contact us. However, please note that if your account was past due prior to the upgrade, you may be assessed a late fee.
I have stored a credit card or checking account to pay my bill online. Will my payment information stay the same?
• No. To ensure the security of your account during the transition, we are unable to convert your payment information from our retired billing system (eBill) to the new system on the enhanced MyGCI self-service portal. You will need to re-enter payment information for your credit card or checking account. After August 4, you can do this by logging into MyGCI or by contacting customer service.
Is there a charge for using autopay or credit cards?
No. There is no additional charge to make an online payment in MyGCI.
Do you have a GCI app that lets me pay my bill from my smartphone or tablet?
• MyGCI has an app that allows you to manage your account, pay bills, view usage, and utilize all the other features available in MyGCI. You can download it from the app store.
Will I still earn my Alaska Air miles when I pay my bill?
The GCI Loyalty Rewards program will continue with all of its benefits.
What’s changing about how I access my account online?
• Previously, customers have at least two online logins – one for the eBill online bill pay system, and one for MyGCI, which offers features such as viewing usage. With the new system, customers now have a single MyGCI login where they can access all account features, including online bill pay.
• For your GCI email account, you will continue to log in separately.
What is the MyGCI self-service portal
MyGCI is an online tool that lets you view and pay your bill, view your data usage, and manage contact information and other details about your GCI account all in one place, with one username and password.
In the enhanced MyGCI, you can do the following things:
Billing: • View your bill • Make an immediate payment or schedule a payment • Set up and manage autopay
Account management: • View the details of all your current GCI services • Create nicknames for your accounts and mobile lines • Add an authorized user to your account • Update your contact information • Update your billing address • Associate multiple customer accounts with your login • Manage your notifications
When and how can I sign up for the new MyGCI?
• If you do not already have a MyGCI profile, you will need to contact us to set it up.
• If you already have a MyGCI profile, you do not need to sign up again, and can continue to use your existing username and password.
Will I need a new username and password?
• If you already have a MyGCI profile, you can continue to use your existing username and password after the upgrade. Existing users will also have immediate access to all features in the enhanced MyGCI self-service portal, including online bill pay.
Will my authorized users switch over?
• Authorized users should transfer over during the upgrade. If your authorized users do not transfer, please contact us for assistance.
Can I have one login for all my business accounts?
• Yes, you can consolidate your logins by logging into MyGCI or by contacting us.
Can I add authorized users to my MyGCI profile?
Yes. Please call 1-800-800-7754 and one of your account representative can help you through the process.
What will the new MyGCI portal look like?
The new MyGCI has a clean, modern, easy-to-understand layout. The site is responsive so that it looks and works great on both desktop and mobile screens.
How do I download the free MyGCI App?
• Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play store to download the new MyGCI app to manage your bill on the go.
What about my eBill login?
• Our previous eBill system has been discontinued, and your current eBill login is longer valid. All online bill payments now take place in the MyGCI self-service portal. If you do not already have a MyGCI profile, you can create one quickly, easily, and for free at my.gci.com. We encourage you to set up your MyGCI profile before July 31. Starting August 4, if you do not have a profile, you will need to contact us to set it up in order for you to access the online payment features.
How secure is the new system? How will I know my information is secure?
• The security of our customers’ personal, financial, and account information is always of utmost importance to us. We take every possible security measure to safeguard your information. We are committed to our customers’ security in all that we do, and we understand the importance of protecting your information. For instance, this is why autopay information did not automatically transfer over to the new billing system and you will have to set up that feature in MyGCI.
Will my local store close or will the hours be limited during this change?
• All stores are operating during normal hours. Business technical support remains available 24/7, however during the transitional period through August 4, some functionality may be limited.
What should I do if I have questions?
• Our customer service representatives are committed to a smooth transition, and are happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have at any time. Please contact customer service at 800-800-7754 or reach out to your account manager directly.