February 11, 2020
Three premium devices feature an entirely new camera system and enhanced video chat, music and gaming experiences
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – GCI announced plans this week to make the new Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra available to customers starting March 6, 2020. The Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra will all be available in various, classic colors:
- Galaxy S20: Cosmic Gray, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink
- Galaxy S20+: Cosmic Gray, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Black
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: Cosmic Gray, Cosmic Black
Pre-orders for the Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra begin Feb. 20, 2020, at 8:01 p.m. AKST. Visit a local GCI retail store or go to http://www.gci.com for more details.
“The launch of the new 5G-ready Samsung Galaxy S20 series represents an industry-leading leap in mobile technology. We are excited to get them into our customers’ hands to experience the best our network has to offer,” said Vice President of GCI Wireless Products Josh Lonn. “The availability of 5G-ready devices is a crucial part of GCI’s Hometown 5G service, which will launch in Anchorage in the coming months.”
The Galaxy S20 series introduces a brand-new camera architecture that fundamentally changes the way we capture the world. Along with the camera, the Galaxy S20 makes the experience of everything we love to do with our phones easier and better –enjoy tailored playlists for every moment of the day, watch TV and movies the way they were meant to be seen, and play graphics-rich games on-the-go.
SHAPING THE FUTURE OF COMMUNICATION
The Galaxy S20 series is engineered to harness the new generation of mobile connectivity. In a first for the Galaxy, every device in the Galaxy S20 series—the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra—comes equipped with the latest 5G technology.
CHANGING HOW WE CAPTURE
The Galaxy S20 introduces an entirely new camera system—powered by AI and with Samsung’s biggest image sensor yet—to bring out the best in every image and every moment.
- Details in Stunning Clarity: With a larger image sensor available on the Galaxy S20 series, camera resolution is significantly increased, for more detailed images. S20 and S20+ have a 64MP camera. S20 Ultra has 108MP camera. The S20 Ultra takes things a step further with the ability to shift dynamically between a high resolution 108MP mode and a 12MP mode, thanks to Nona Binning technology which combines 9 pixels into one at the sensor level.
- Groundbreaking Zoom Capability: With the Galaxy S20’s Space Zoom technology, even when you are far away, you can zoom in close. Use up to 30x zoom on the S20 and S20+ with Space Zoom, or step- up to the S20 Ultra’s revolutionary folded lens with 10x lossless zoom for 100X Space Zoom.
- Single Take, Multiple Possibilities: Single Take lets you stay in the moment while you capture the moment. The Galaxy S20 can capture a number of photo and videos, such as live focus, cropped, ultra wide and more, and use AI to recommend the best shots.
- Pro-Grade Filming Capability: The Galaxy S20 offers stunning 8K video shooting, so users can capture their world in true-to-life color and quality. Even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using a gimbal, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilization and AI motion analysis.
DO WHAT YOU LOVE, BETTER
With new features and impactful partnerships, the Galaxy S20 makes the experience of everything we love to do on our phone, easier and better.
- Music: Enjoy a personalized soundtrack based around your routine, thanks to a new integration between Spotify and Bixby Routines. With Music Share, extend your paired Bluetooth connection to a car stereo or speaker via your device.1
- Exceptional Video Chat on Google Duo: The Galaxy S20 enhances the video chatting experience through an exclusive, deep integration with Google Duo. Now, from the dialer, you can tap Duo to start a video call and enjoy, for the first time ever, full HD quality2, and talk to up to 8 friends, at once.
- YouTube on 5G: Share your 8K videos with the world faster and better. Samsung partnered with YouTube so you can upload your 8K videos directly to YouTube—and with integrated 5G capabilities, experience ultra-fast upload speeds3.
- Gaming: With a 120Hz display, you’ll experience incredibly smooth gaming on the Galaxy S20. Combined with a fast processor, 12 GB of RAM, audio tuned by AKG and a game booster, working in the background to optimize settings for peak performance, the Galaxy S20 series takes gaming to the next level.
EXPERIENCE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
The Galaxy S20 features the premium features that Galaxy fans have come to know and love, including Samsung’s cleanest, simplest, most intuitive interface yet with One UI 2.
- Security: With Knox and the new secure processor, Guardian Chip, the Galaxy S20 line is the most secure series of devices Samsung has ever made.
- Power: All three Galaxy S20 devices are powered by an all-day battery4 and come with a 25W fast charger. The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports 45W Super Fast charging as well.
- Storage: Massive internal storage comes standard with all three devices – up to 128 GB. The Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra are also available in 512GB variants.
For more information about GCI, please visit http://www.gci.com.
GCI provides data, mobile, video, voice and managed services to consumer and business customers throughout Alaska and nationwide. Headquartered in Alaska, GCI has delivered services for nearly 40 years to some of the most remote communities and in some of the most challenging conditions in North America. Learn more about GCI at http://www.gci.com. GCI is a wholly owned subsidiary of GCI Liberty, Inc. (Nasdaq: GLIBA, GLIBP). Learn more about GCI Liberty at http://www.gciliberty.com.
1 Available only on Galaxy S20 devices.
2 Optimal 5G connection required on both devices. See carrier for more details.
3 Functionality may vary. Optimal 5G connection required on both devices.
4 Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.