February 11, 2021
Note: VoLTE and WiFi Calling are only available on postpaid plans (not available on voice only, or data only plans).
|Apple||iPhone 6 and newer||Fully capable|
|Apple||iPhone 5C/5S||WiFi calling only|
|Samsung||S8 and newer|| Fully capable
Note: You will have to enable Wi-Fi calling before using VoLTE on Samsung.
Set up on Apple devices
- Tap ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Cellular.’
- Tap ‘Cellular Data Options.’
- Tap ‘Voice & Data.’
- Make sure there is a check mark next to ‘LTE’ and swipe to turn ‘VoLTE’ on or off.
Set up on Samsung Devices
- Make sure to enable WiFi calling before enabling VoLTE.
- Once WiFi calling is enabled, swipe down and tap the ‘Settings’ gear.
- Tap ‘Connections.’
- Make sure ‘WiFi Calling’ is enabled and tap ‘Mobile networks.’
- Swipe the slider to turn ‘VoLTE calls’ on or off.
TTY may be unavailable or unreliable when using WiFi Calling or on a Voice over LTE call. If TTY services are needed (for an emergency call or otherwise), GCI recommends disabling the WiFi Calling feature and VoLTE on your Device and continue using your existing TTY services on the GCI wireless network.