July 20, 2021
Note: VoLTE is available with the following plans: Apex, Summit, Peak, and Explore Unlimited Mobile; No Worries Mobile; Simply Share Mobile; and Business Mobile.
- Any Apple iPhone 6 and newer purchased from GCI or unlocked from another provider
- Any Samsung Galaxy S8 and newer purchased from GCI
- Any Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and newer purchased from GCI
Many other devices are compatible with VoLTE service. View a full list ➔
Not Supported Devices
- Non-Apple smartphones purchased from other providers
Set up on Apple devices
- Tap ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Cellular.’
- Tap ‘Cellular Data Options.’
- Tap ‘Voice & Data.’
- Make sure there is a check mark next to ‘LTE’ and swipe to turn ‘VoLTE’ on or off.
Set up on Samsung Devices
- Make sure to enable WiFi calling before enabling VoLTE.
- Once WiFi calling is enabled, swipe down and tap the ‘Settings’ gear.
- Tap ‘Connections.’
- Make sure ‘WiFi Calling’ is enabled and tap ‘Mobile networks.’
- Swipe the slider to turn ‘VoLTE calls’ on or off.
TTY may be unavailable or unreliable when using WiFi Calling or on a Voice over LTE call. If TTY services are needed (for an emergency call or otherwise), GCI recommends disabling the WiFi Calling feature and VoLTE on your Device and continue using your existing TTY services on the GCI wireless network.