About the GCI Suicide Prevention Fund grant application
Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) nonprofit or equivalent organizations located in the state of Alaska. Equivalent organizations may include tribes, schools, churches, local government agencies, and programs.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Empower Alaskans to work together to promote community wellness
- Demonstrate measurable results, accountability, cultural sensitivity, and unify communities
- Will impact communities that might not have easy access to suicide prevention support programs and
- Focus on at least one of the following areas as a way to decrease suicide in Alaska:
- Addressing generational trauma
- Veteran connectedness
- Means restriction / Gun safety
- Increased connectivity to
- Youth coalitions
- Primary prevention
- Support for those already doing this work in
- Building on past successes
- Support of needs assessments
- Community mobilization
- High-risk populations
View the full grant application guidelines.
The 2023 grant application is open now through June 14, 2023. Visit https://alaskacf.org/funds/gci-suicide-prevention-fund/ to apply.
Do you want to contribute to suicide prevention in Alaska? Make a donation to the GCI Suicide Prevention Fund through the Alaska Community Foundation.
For more information or to add to the fund: