Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all GCI products, services & subscribers, unless otherwise specified in product-specific terms and conditions. By using GCI’s Internet service, you agree to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy. GCI reserves the right to update this policy from time to time without notice to subscribers.
You agree not to use the Service to:
- invade another person’s privacy;
- distribute lists to be used via unsolicited electronic mail or other mass electronic mailings including but not limited to: mass-newsgroup postings, SPAM and unsolicited email sent from your server, or any other service on the Internet, which contains your domain name or any other domain name on our network;
- unlawfully use, possess, post, transmit, display or distribute obscene material or child pornography;
- post, transmit, or disseminate content which violates any proprietary rights of any third party, or is unlawful;
- post, transmit or disseminate objectionable information, without limitation, constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, federal or international law, order or regulation;
- access any other person’s computer, software, or data of any other person without the knowledge and consent of such person;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, or distribute in any way, create derivative works, of information, software or other material obtained through the Service which is protected by copyright or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of the owner (see Copyright Infringement Policy and Complaint Procedure for additional information);
- copy, distribute or sublicense any software provided by GCI except that you may make one copy of each software program for back-up purposes only
- service, alter, modify or tamper with the Service or permit any other person to do the same that is not authorized by GCI;
- restrict, inhibit or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy the Service, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a virus, lock, key, bomb, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful feature; or generating levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to send or retrieve information.
- disrupt GCI’ s network;
- resell the Service or otherwise charge others to use the Service (the Service is for personal use only within your business, domicile, apartment, dormitory room or barracks room and you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet Service Provider or for any other business enterprise in competition with the Service) and
- use the Service in a way which is contrary to any other GCI policy that may be posted by GCI from time to time.
Transmitting and Viewing Content
The customer is to understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not GCI, are entirely responsible for all Content you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. GCI does not control the Content posted via its Service, and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will GCI be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You acknowledge that GCI has no obligation to monitor or review Content. However, you acknowledge and agree that GCI has the right to monitor Content electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request to operate the Service properly, or to protect itself or its Subscribers. GCI reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any Content that violates the terms and conditions of Service herein. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on that Content.
If GCI assists the customer in registering or hosting a domain name(s), the customer represents that it exclusively owns or is the proper licensee of any intellectual property rights for any name that it submits to GCI. The customer also agrees to indemnify GCI for and losses that may be occurred as a result of breach of such warranty. Customer shall also be responsible for on-going registration renewal fees in subsequent years.
GCI’s Right to Terminate
Engaging in any of the activities listed above may result in immediate termination of service. This policy shall not in any way limit GCI’s rights of termination pursuant to the product’s Terms and Conditions document.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GCI and each of its respective affiliates, subcontractors, employees and agents, from any claims arising from your use of the Service; this includes, but is not limited to, use of the Service in any manner prohibited under this policy.
Return to GCI Terms and Conditions →