What is it and why do I need one?
Your MyGCI profile is a one stop shop for everything related to your GCI accounts. It’s where can you view your current usage of GCI services, enjoy GCITV2Go and share access to GCI services with family members. It’s also where you set parental controls and create individual accounts for each family member or a single kids account to include all children.
Your MyGCI profile is easy to use – all you need is your username and password to log in – and it provides a wealth of information to you in one convenient location. In fact, if you’ve never logged into your MyGCI profile before, now’s the perfect time to start.
What’s the connection between my MyGCI profile and my GCI accounts?
The relationship between your MyGCI profile and your GCI account(s) looks like this:
- You can link your MyGCI profile to your GCI Wireless, Internet, Phone, Long Distance Account – or what we call your GCI Telecommunications Account – and your GCI TV Account. (While both types of accounts are provided through GCI, they are classified separately.)
- After you link your GCI Telecommunications Account to your MyGCI Profile, you’re able to view your Wireless, Internet, Phone and Long Distance usage. You can also see the services associated with the account.
- After you link your MyGCI profile to your GCI TV account, you’re able to access GCITV2Go.
Once you link your GCI accounts to your MyGCI profile, we’re able to connect all your products and services in one place and instantly recognize you every time you sign in.
What’s an Account Owner?
All MyGCI profiles have an Account Owner. You can be the Account Owner on a GCI Telecommunications Account – which includes Wireless, Internet, Phone and Long Distance – and/or an Account Owner on a GCI TV Account.
If you’re the first to link to a GCI TV Account, then you’re the TV Account Owner. If you’re the first to link to a GCI Telecommunications Account, then you’re the Telecommunications Account Owner. Please note: If you’re under 18, you cannot be a GCI TV account owner. We require you to be at least 18 years old to sign up for GCI TV.
Essentially, an Account Owner is able to invite other people to link to each account. For example:
- A mom is the Account Owner for her family’s GCI TV Account and her family’s Telecommunications Account. She invites her husband via email to link to both accounts. She then invites her son and daughter to link to the GCI TV Account so the kids can watch GCITV2Go on their favorite devices.
- A roommate who pays the GCI TV bill invites his roommate to link with the TV Account so he can watch GCITV2Go inside and out of their dwelling.
Once a GCI Telecommunications Account or a GCI TV Account has a MyGCI Account Owner profile, the Account Owner has to invite you to link up with the account – you’re not able to link yourself to it.
To link to a GCI Telecommunications Account, you’ll need to provide the account number and the security (CPNI) PIN. If you don’t remember your security (CPNI) PIN, call customer service at (800) 800-4800.
To link to a GCI TV Account, you’ll need to provide the account number and your last name. If you need help locating your GCI TV Account number, click here.