Visual voicemail stores voicemail messages in audio files and allows you to playback messages from a visual interface on your GSM Android phone.
Visual voicemail allows you to view and listen to your voicemail messages without the need to dial into the GCI’s GSM voicemail system. Visual voicemail requires a data connection. Data used with Visual Voicemail will count against your data allowance. Visual voicemail with an Android phone does work with a Wi-Fi connection. Visual Voicemail with Android devices does require a download app, which can be found here.
Listening to Messages
Please remember, using Visual Voicemail will count against your data usage.
1. Android home screen shows you have received a voicemail notification in the top left corner.
2. Tap on your GCI Visual Voicemail icon (GCI VVM).
3. Tap the message to select and listen to the message.
- Message details displays with various options
4. Tap the play button (arrow) to play and listen to the message.
- Message plays while displaying progress in a message progress bar
5. As soon as the message finishes playing it is moved from the Unread box to the Read box.
1. Tap the Read Inbox, the 2nd icon at the bottom of the screen to view message in the Read folder.
2. Tap the message to view Message Details.
3. Tap the Trash Can icon to delete the voicemail message.
- Warning displays: “This message will be permanently deleted.”
4. Tap Delete to delete the message, or tap Cancel to cancel deletion and keep the voicemail message.
5. That will briefly display a “Message deleted.” notice, then once all messages are deleted the Read Inbox displays “No messages”.
Calling from within Visual Voicemail
1. Tap the message to view the Message Options.
2. Tap the Phone Icon while in the Message Options.
- Dial screen displays with phone number
3. Press green call button to begin call.
4. When call connects, call in progress screen displays.
Emailing from within Visual Voicemail
1. During or after playback of message, tap More Options.
- Options display
2. Tap Send an e-mail.
- Email Options display
3. Tap to choose an Email Application.
- Options will depend on email programs installed
4. Complete all desired / required fields.
5. Tap Send icon to send.
- Sending Message will display
Marking a Message as Favorite
1. While viewing the voicemail options, tap More Options.
- Options Display
2. Tap Mark as favorite.
You can delete the message or
Send an email
Texting (SMS) from within Visual Voicemail
SMS/text/Message window displays
2. Tap the SMS option.
3. Texts can be sent the same as if SMS was accessed from the Messaging Application on the device.
Possible Error Message