How do I connect my cable modem to my computer?
1. Connect the coax cable to the coax outlet. (Only needs to be finger tight.)
2. Connect the coax cable to the cable modem. (Only needs to be finger tight.)
3. Connect the Ethernet Cable (telephone like cable) to the computer. You should hear a click as it connects.
- If you have a router, you would connect to the router, then run another Ethernet cable to your computer.
- A router should work in connection with your cable modem, but GCI does not support routers. If you are having connection problems, please connect the Ethernet cable directly to the computer.
4. Connect the Ethernet Cable (telephone like cable) to the cable modem. You should hear a click as it connects
5. Plug the power cord into the cable modem
6. Plug the power cord into the wall power outlet.
7. The lights should cycle and then lock onto a steady pattern. (Actual light pattern is dependent on the cable modem model.)
Once the lights have a steady pattern, you should be able to connect to the Internet. If you have any problems, please call GCI Integrated Technical (ITS) support at 868-0316 (Anchorage) or 1-800-800-4800 (Statewide). GCI ITS is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.