Data usage is available in the usage viewer for cable modem plans.
In order to assist customers in understanding their own usage and to prevent surprises, GCI offers an easy online tool that enables you to see the amount of data you are using during your current billing cycle as well as the total amount of usage you have used for up to 12 months in the past at any time.
Accessing the Usage Viewer
To view your broadband usage online you need a MyGCI site login, which is different than your eBill login.
If you have a MyGCI login:
- Click the “Login” link located in the upper right corner of the MyGCI website:
- Enter your MyGCI Login and Password, click the Login button.
- Click the “My Account” link. Note: Some large business accounts may take up to two minutes to load.
- Click on “Check Usage”, select “Show Details” for Wireless Services
- Across from the service you wish to check usage, click the “View Usage”. Click the “Show” link under the Usage column for the Wireless service you want to view.
No MyGCI Login
If you do not have a MyGCI login:
- Click the “Login” link located in the upper right corner of the MyGCI website.
- Click the “New User” link located directly under the Login button.
- You can register for two levels of access, Full or Limited. If you do not have your account number and Security PIN, you can create a Limited Access account using your GCI Email Address and Password. Enter your information and click the Next button.
- Complete the required fields, accept the Terms and Service and Acceptable Use Policy, and click “I Agree” to complete the creation of your MyGCI account. Upon confirmation that your registration has been completed, click the Login button.
- You will be taken back to the front page of the MyGCI website, please select the My Account link. Note: Some large business accounts may take up to two minutes to load.
- Select “Show Details” for Wireless Services
- Click the “Show” link under the Usage column for the Wireless service you want to view.
Checking Your Usage
Usage Viewer Summary Screen
Now that you have accessed the usage viewer tool, the first screen you will see is the summary screen for your Cable Modem or Wireless service.
Important information on this screen includes the name of the plan we show you are currently subscribed to (1), plus how much your monthly included usage allowance is and what has been used of that so far (2).
Additionally, there is a chart that shows what your total upload usage is compared to your total download usage (3), information on your billing cycle (4), and a tab that when clicked, takes you to your current usage detail (5), including a day by day record of how much download, upload, and total usage you have used so far during your billing cycle.
Usage Viewer Detail Screen
The following information can be found within the current details section. The usage viewer will show what date new usage records for your Internet services were last added into the tool (1); the top usage record displayed should be for the most current day available.
The data displayed (2) includes the day the usage was generated, the downstream, upstream, and total for that day, plus a cumulative total to better help you track your overall usage for the month. All usage amounts are shown in MB’s.
If you would like to save or share this information, we have included options to export the data into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or send it in a printer friendly format to your printer (3).
Once you are done reviewing information on this screen you can either click on the Summary tab to take you to the first screen you initially saw or click on the historical tab (4) to review your usage for previous months.
Usage Viewer Historical Screen
Within the historical section of the usage viewer, you are able to see the amount of downstream, upstream, and total usage for the full month (1).
Each row is a different billing cycle and information is displayed for up to 12 months in arrears.
If you have any questions about the data you are seeing and would like to send GCI an email, there is a Contact GCI link in the upper right hand of the usage viewer to submit your questions or comment to GCI customer support.
back to top