After upgrading your SII to Android Operating System 4.0.3, it can be difficult to determine where to start the email wizard. This article provides information on how to locate the email wizard and the steps required to set up the account on your device.
If you have not set up an email account, all you need to do is to click on the email icon. If you have email accounts on the device, there are different steps to start the process. In either case see the correct instructions below:
No Email Account on the Device
If you do not have any email accounts just click on the email icon.
That will start the email wizard. Continue to Set up email.
Email Account on the Device
If you already have an email on the device, getting to email set up wizard requires a few more steps.
1. Navigate to the screen displaying your combined inbox.
2. Click into the inbox of a current email account.
3. Press the Menu key.
4. You will see a list of options.
5. Scroll down the list until you view Settings, click on Settings.
6. Click on the + (plus) symbol to start the email wizard.
7. You will see the start of the email wizard.
Set Up Email
You should be at the Set up email screen.
1. Enter your email address and password.
1a. Then remove the check mark, by clicking on the check mark next to Push Notification.
2. Click on the Manual setup button.
3. You have an option to chose the type of account you want on your device. GCI recommends selecting IMAP.
- IMAP mirrors the content of your account on GCI’s mail server on your device. This allows you to view your email or take actions, as if you were on GCI’s WebMail program. The main benefit of this setting, is it does not store content on the device using a lot of storage / memory. You also have the option of downloading your email to a different computer. A warning; if you delete an email from your device, it will be deleted from the mail sever and you will not be able to download the email to a different computer.
- POP3 will download all of the mail from GCI’s mail server to your device. You will not be able to save your email to another computer as the only copy of the email would be on your device.
4. Tap the IMAP account button.
5. You will see a screen for Incoming server settings. Incoming Server settings are:
- Username: Should auto-populate with your email account username
- Password: Should auto-populate with your password
- IMAP server: Change to mail.gci.net (from imap.gci.net)
- Security type: Leave None
- Port: Leave at 143
- IMAP path prefix: Do not change, the field is actually blank
6. Click the top right greater than symbol “>” on the top right corner, after completing the incoming server settings.
7. You will see a screen for Outgoing server settings. Outgoing server settings are:
- SMTP server: Change to smtp.gci.net from mail.gci.net
- Security type: Leave None
- Port: Change to 25 from 587
- Require sign-in: Must be checked
- Username: Should auto-populate your username
- Password: Should auto-populate your password
8. Click the top right greater than symbol “>” on the top right corner, after completing the outgoing server settings.
9. You will see the Account options screen.
9a. You can accept the default frequency settings or change them from this screen. If accepting the default settings, click on the top right greater than symbol “>”.
9b. If you wish to change the frequency settings, click on the frequency line.
9c. You will see the available options.
9d. Highlight the desired time option you would like. You will be returned to the Account option screen, then click the top greater than symbol “>”.
10. You will see the final screen, press done.
11. You will see a message stating “Loading”, allow the system some time to connect and update. Once connected you should see email start to arrive. (Assuming you have email messages in your email account.)