While on a call, you will be alerted that you have an incoming call with two separate tones/tone patterns.
- Ask the party you are talking with to hold while you take the other call. Then, quickly press and release the flash or switchhook button. You are now connected to the second party and can switch back and forth between calls using the flash or switchhook button until you or one of the other parties hangs up.
- To end the conversation with the first party, press the flash or switchhook button for more than one second or hang up. If you hang up the telephone, you will hear ringing to indicate you have another call.
To Cancel Call Waiting
To cancel the Call Waiting service before placing a call or during a call (if you have Three-Way Calling service).
Before placing a call
- Lift the receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *70
- Listen for three short tones and dial tone.
- Dial the telephone number of the party you wish to call.
- Talk with the party.
- Hang up the receiver. Call Waiting service is activated again for subsequent calls.