September 30 – November 30, 2013
The promotion is open to all Alaska residents, 21 years or older on the date of the contest, except the employees and immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, and children and their spouses) of GCI and Alaska Airlines, their affiliates or subsidiaries, their advertising agencies, and any other company involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of promotion materials. For this promotion, an Alaska resident is defined as an individual having either a valid Alaska Driver’s License, proof of receipt of either a 2011 or later Alaska Permanent Fund dividend check, or a valid Alaska Voter Registration Card. This promotion is open to Alaska residents only. No purchase of goods or services is necessary for eligibility.
How to Participate
Alaska residents may enter to win the promotion prizes through the www.gci.com/vegas website. Once on the site customers will fill out a form which requests First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Contact Phone number and Mailing Address. Once that form is completed a prize wheel will appear on the screen and the customer will “spin the wheel.” Different prizes are assigned to different slices of the wheel. Once the customer has won, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address they provided. The email will confirm that they have been entered to win the grand prize as well as any smaller prize they have won. Customers can then bring that email in to any GCI store or call customer service to redeem for prizes or services. One month of free service prizes include Simply Share mobile data, GCI TV and internet plans. Credit will be applied for new services after 60 days of active service.
No purchase necessary to play the Spin To Win game.
Only one spin per email address will be accepted. Multiple entries by any individual will be eliminated by comparing name, contact phone number and mailing addresses provided. Online entries will be accepted dated through November 29, 2013 at 11:59pm.
Two winners will be selected by random drawing from all entries entered from September 30th through November 16th, 2013. The first drawing will take place at the Sullivan Arena at the Alaska Aces vs. Las Vegas Wranglers hockey game which starts at 7:15pm.
The remaining winners will be selected by random drawing from all entries entered from September 30th through November 30th, 2013 on December 1st at the GCI offices at 5151 Fairbanks Street Anchorage, Alaska.
- Award is:
- 2 Round trip tickets on the inaugural Alaska Airlines flight from Anchorage to Las Vegas which departs on December 19th and returns on December 22nd, 2013. Estimated value of $1,250 times two tickets for a total of $2,500.
- One room for 3 nights at the Bellagio Casino in Las Vegas. Estimated value of $159 per night for a total of $477.00
- Estimated retail value over $2,977
Odds of being awarded the trip depend upon the number of valid entries received. The drawing will be conducted by individuals whose decisions in all matters relating to it are final. GCI reserves the right to change the start date, end date, and duration of the promotion at any time. Entrants are only eligible to win the grand prize one time. Should their entry be selected by random in both the first and second grand prize drawing, only one grand prize will be awarded and another entrant’s name will be drawn.
The winner will be contacted by phone and email within 24 hours of the date of the drawings. Should the winner not be reached by phone within two (2) days, a new winner will be selected from all qualified entrants. Changes will be posted on this GCI website at www.gci.com/contests/vegas.
The winner will be required to show proof of age and Alaska residency as stated above and sign a written Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Taxpayer Identification Number. The proof of age and Alaska residency and a signed original of the Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Taxpayer Identification Number must be provided to GCI within ten business days of receipt of the telephone notification. Failure to comply may result in disqualification from this promotion.
To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: GCI Take Me to Vegas, Attn. Marketing, 5151 Fairbanks St., Anchorage, AK 99503.
Resolution of Disputes
All entrants agree that any dispute concerning eligibility for participation in, or for the awards in this promotion, must be first submitted in writing to a panel of individuals representing GCI, whose decisions as to all matters related to the promotion shall be final. Any disputes brought must be filed within thirty (30) days of the award. All entrants agree that GCI liability to any entrant under this promotion shall not exceed ten percent of the wholesale value of the award.
By participating, entrants acknowledge and agree as follows:
- To be bound by these rules and acknowledge and agree that the decisions rendered on behalf of GCI and Alaska Airlines are final.
- The winner hereby consents to the use of their names and/or likenesses by GCI and Alaska Airlines for the purposes of advertising without any payment or other compensation. Any tax liability is solely the responsibility of the winner.
- Participants agree that neither GCI nor Alaska Airlines are responsible for any physical injuries, property damage, or other damages incurred by a winner in the course of or as a result of any air or ground transportation awarded in or participation in any event associated with this promotion.
- Participants agree that GCI and Alaska Airlines are not responsible for any physical injuries, property damage, or other damages to other physical property associated with this promotion.
- In the event of unavailability of the above stated awards, GCI and Alaska Airlines reserve the right to substitute an award of comparable value. GCI reserves the right to correct errors in media announcement or printed materials in conjunction with this promotion.