OFFICIAL RULES OF PROMOTION
June 1-30, 2013
The promotion is open to all Alaska residents, 21 years or older on the date of the contest, except the employees and immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, and children and their spouses) of GCI, their affiliates or subsidiaries, their advertising agencies, and any other company involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of promotion materials. For this promotion, an Alaska resident is defined as an individual having either a valid Alaska Driver’s License, proof of receipt of either a 2011 or later Alaska Permanent Fund dividend check, or a valid Alaska Voter Registration Card. This promotion is open to Alaska residents only. No purchase of goods or services is necessary for eligibility.
How to Participate
GCI residential customers that subscribe to both GCI wireless plans at $49.99 or higher AND cable modem plans at $49.99 or higher during the promotional period will automatically be entered into the drawing.
Alaska residents who are not GCI customers but who are otherwise eligible to participate may also enter online at www.gci.com/redhotsummerdeals. Only one entry per individual will be accepted. Multiple entries by any individual will be eliminated. Online entries will be accepted dated through June 30, 2013.
A random drawing from all entries from June 1, 2013 through June 30, 2013 will be held July 2, 2013 at 5:00 pm, Alaska Standard Time. The drawing will take place at GCI offices at 5151 Fairbanks Street, Anchorage, Alaska.
- Award is:
- 25,000 Alaska Airlines miles per person for up to six people
- 6 tickets to the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Concert in Anchorage on August 6th, 2013
- Round trip transportation to the Sullivan Arena from one location in Anchorage
- VIP room access at the Sullivan Arena on August 6th, 2013
- Up to three rooms at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anchorage for the night of August 6th, 2013
- Estimated retail value over $5,000.00
Odds of being awarded the trip depend upon the number of valid entries received. The drawing will be conducted by individuals whose decisions in all matters relating to it are final. GCI reserves the right to change the start date, end date, and duration of the promotion at any time.
The winner will be contacted by phone on the date of the drawing, July 2, 2013, on/after 5:00 p.m, Alaska Standard Time. Should the winner not be reached by phone within five (5) days, a new winner will be selected from all qualified entrants. Changes will be posted here on this rules page.
The winner will be required to show proof of age and Alaska residency as stated above and sign a written Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Taxpayer Identification Number. The proof of age and Alaska residency and a signed original of the Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Taxpayer Identification Number must be provided to GCI within ten business days of receipt of the telephone notification. Failure to comply may result in disqualification from this promotion.
To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: GCI Red Hot Ticket Give Away, Attn. Marketing, 5151 Fairbanks St., Anchorage, AK 99503.
To obtain a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: GCI Red Hot Ticket Give Away, Attn. Marketing, 5151 Fairbanks St., Anchorage, AK 99503.
Resolution of Disputes
All entrants agree that any dispute concerning eligibility for participation in, or for the awards in this promotion, must be first submitted in writing to a panel of individuals representing GCI, whose decisions as to all matters related to the promotion shall be final. Any disputes brought must be filed within thirty (30) days of the award. All entrants agree that GCI liability to any entrant under this promotion shall not exceed ten percent of the wholesale value of the award.
By participating, entrants acknowledge and agree as follows:
- To be bound by these rules and acknowledge and agree that the decisions rendered on behalf of GCI are final.
- The winner hereby consents to the use of their names and/or likenesses by GCI for the purposes of advertising without any payment or other compensation. Any tax liability is solely the responsibility of the winner.
- Participants agree that GCI is not responsible for any physical injuries, property damage, or other damages incurred by a winner in the course of or as a result of any air or ground transportation awarded in or participation in any event associated with this promotion.
- Participants agree that GCI is not responsible for any physical injuries, property damage, or other damages to other physical property associated with this promotion.
- In the event of unavailability of the above stated awards, GCI reserves the right to substitute an award of comparable value. GCI reserves the right to correct errors in media announcement or printed materials in conjunction with this promotion.